• Meeting called to order at 4 p.m. CDT by
President, Patrick Burke
• Minutes of the last meeting were read by Patrick. They were accepted and approved as read.
• Treasurer requested postponement of reading of the treasurer’s report until the next meeting due to the High Plains Conference being in session at this time.
• Membership – Two officers will be leaving. They
include David Lawrence, Treasurer who will be moving to Blacksburg, Va. Also
Patrick Burke, President, will be moving to Norman, Ok. Patrick has agreed
to remain as president for the rest of this year and is planning to stay
online from Norman.
• The results of the vote on the Honorary Membership
for retirees were: 34 Yes and 1 No. This will be written up in the constitution.
• Patrick proposed an idea of a weather update
on the High Plains. He identified our new drought outlook product developed
by Jerry Killingsworth of Goodland. He also noted several enhancements on
the weather web pages. Jim Johnson also added that since our last meeting,
an online chat room has been set up in Yahoo. This would be a good way to
communicate. Thus far 17 members have joined.
• Updates on upcoming national conferences. October
15-20, 2005 is the national NWA meeting. Jared Guyer will be attending. It
was also suggested that we create a poster to send to national conferences
on what we are doing. The national AMS meeting will be January 29 – February
2, 2005. We should be able to send a poster then.
• Minority scholarships renewed for the next two
years ($2,000 for the next two years)
• Maybe create a committee to set up a written
statement on how to do our annual conferences. Maybe create that group over
the next month. Would need recommendation by the start of the next year.
It was suggested by Jim Johnson that our online chat room through Yahoo would
be a great way to accomplish this. Christina volunteered to be the contact
person for these ideas.
• Note: Our checking account only has David Lawrence
and Bruce Entwistle on it. Aaron Johnson has volunteered to temporarily do
• With no other business to be discussed, the meeting
was adjourned at 4:50 p.m. CDT.